Páginas

segunda-feira, 10 de fevereiro de 2014

Manuel Cardoso - Beggar at the Gates of Awe [2014]


YANDEX (192 Kbps) Size:46.7 MB

This is MC Frodo´s latest prog album. MC says:
This is a very special album for me. It was composed and played in a very unusual way for a prog musical work.
To start with, all guitars are improvisation first takes.
I did not rerecord or overdubed any guitar in it.
Also some of the musics were composed in unusual ways.
“Beggar at the Gates of Awe” was just me testing my new & just bought Godin midi guitar and turned out as it is in just a few hours. There are no keyboards in it, just the Godin midi & gtr sounds.
In “Tears of Angels”, I heard inside my mind the guitar melody while walking my dog, and ran home to record it.
All the rest (including vocals) was recorded after in the following two days in an improvisational transe.
“Today” was also totaly improvised (vocals & lyrics) & built around a guitar improvisation over a drum beat.
And yes the guitar in it is the original one! “Vision” was in fact a very realistic dream I had.
“Flying with your Eye open” is about meditation and my master Prem Rawat.
In “Premonition I tried to compose a TANTRA like music theme. Pedro Luis Neves played the mid & end long Moog solo as he also played in ”Flying with your Eye open”. Cover painting by “MC”.
Beggar at the Gates of Awe is an expression that shows how I feel in this moment of Life towards the magnificence of Existence & Creation.
Thank you Prem Rawat! 

released June 2, 2014

MC played all guitars, electric bass & Keyboards
José Barba on drums & João Cabrite on sax

Manuel Cardoso was leader, main composer, singer and lead guitar player of the known prog rock band “TANTRA”, recorded several albuns as Frodo and MC and is today an independent editor of his own music

progressive rock rock soul alternative rock art rock funk funky fusion jam band pop rock prog rock rock Portugal

PARA ABRIR E FECHAR O ARQUIVO DO BLOGUE, CLICAR NOS TRIÂNGULOS PEQUENOS QUE ANTECEDEM AS DATAS:

Arquivo do blogue

Número total de visualizações de páginas

Acerca de mim

Seguidores

OUTROS BLOGUES & SITES